Submitted by Hildre Johannasdottir, based on Signy's version of the rules.
- For all who can throw a stick safely.
- The Pieces:
- 1 King (piece of lumber or firewood ~4"x4"x12" or smaller)
- 10 Kubbs (smaller pieces of firewood or lumber that can stand up on their own)
- 6 throwing batons (sticks/lumber ~1' long that can knock over King and Kubbs when thrown)
- Rectangular, with 5 Kubbs lined up evenly spaced along on each of the short sides (baseline), and the King in the middle. One team (Team A) stays on one side of the field and the other (Team B) stays on the other side of the field.
- Knock over each Kubb from the other team's side, and then knock over the King. Knocking over the King before knocking over all the Kubbs results in losing the game.
- Players are divided into 2 teams of 2-6 players. (Less or more is possible, you have 6 batons to throw in a turn. "Teams" of 1 are possible, teams of more than 6 get less chances to play.)
Kit Marik syn
- Team A gets to go first:
- Standing behind their baseline, Taam A throws the batons across the field at the Kubbs, attempting to knock them over.
- SAFETY POINT: The team than is not throwing does not stand behind their baseline while the other team is throwing.
- Team B picks up any Kubbs that Team A knocked down and throws them onto Team A's half of the field. If Team B fails to get the Kubb onto Team A's half of the field they get 2 more chances. If they still miss, Team A can place the Kubb whereever they wish. Once all the Kubbs have been thrown, Team A stands them up.
- Team B now throws the batons at the Kubbs, attempting to knock them over.
- When Team B is finished, it is Team A's turn again.
- Team A throws back any knocked-over Kubbs as before and takes their turn. From this point on, teams get to throw from the furthest forward Kubb on their side of the field.
- The game continues in this fashion until one side knocks down all the Kubbs across from them in the field, and then the King to win, or until one team knocks down the King to lose.
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.