On behalf of Their Highnesses, I humbly submit Spring Crown requirements.
Northshield 2017 Spring Crown Tourney requirements:
*Letters of Intent to Compete*
Letters of Intent should be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom
Seneschal, and include:
Full contact information
- Current membership #'s and expiration dates
- The one weapon form the combatant will be fighting with
- The reasons that their consort inspires them
Letters of Intent may be sent via email or postal mail.
Letters are due by coronation day, past that date letters will only be accepted at the whim of the crown
- The tournament will be double elimination
- Seeding will be by traditional random draw
- Challenge in will be used for odd sized brackets at the discretion of the crown
- Each round will be best 2 out of 3
- Each combatant may only fight with the weapon form they have declared in their letter of intent
The weapon forms are:
- Weapon and shield
- Pole Arm
- Two handed Sword/Axe/Mace
- Two weapon
All prospective combatants and their consorts must meet the minimum criteria in the Society Governing Documents, as well as the following requirements from the laws of Northshield:
- Each must be a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism and have access to the Northwatch.
- Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown Tournament.
- All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
- No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- No member of the Royal Family may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- One member of the couple must also affirm that they can and will maintain the ability to legally cross the U.S./Canadian international border for the duration of their reign, should they be victorious to ensure that they are free to travel to all parts of the Kingdom.