Minutes from 9/13/2008 - Coronation
|King of Northshield
|Queen of Northshield
|Katriona ni Chonarain
|Tristan von Eisig
|Caradoc Llew Du ap Morgan
|Marwen de la Rivere
Marwen de la Rivere
- Kingdom Event Policy
- We have been testing out a policy of allowing each new set of Heirs to select their own Coronation site. This means that no Coronation bid was accepted until after Crown Tourney.
- This policy will not be carried forward – for most of the kingdom, this timeframe is too short to secure a site.
- Coronation will return to the regional rotation system, in order to ensure that people across the kingdom have a chance to see these important events. Bids will be considered as far in advance as possible.
- May need to provide additional publicity about the Kingdom event financial policy so that smaller groups understand the benefits of hosting kingdom events.
- Possibility of asking the Prince and Princess to help find a decoronation site, in order to help keep the flow of kingdom event bids going.
- Bid for Spring 09 Coronation
- Bid received from Barony of Jararvellir for April 11, 2009
- Due to the several holidays in April, we will ask the event steward to try to move the date back to April 4, 2009.
- Event bid is accepted
- Spring 09 Crown Tournament – no bids yet received
- Kingdom Communications discussion
- Some confusions have occurred about the roles and interactions of Chronicler and Webminister, and how those roles are expected to work with other officers. A teleconference was held in July with the web teams, the Royalty, and some of the Great Officers as a first step on this topic. We are continuing to work on the issues.
- Over next few months, explore options for clarifying these critical communications roles
- Breaking apart Chronicler and Northwatch editor? – might allow Chronicler to focus on overall communication strategy, allow Northwatch editor to focus.
- Clarify how the Webminister fits into the picture
- Clarify how decisions regarding content and structure of northshield.org are made
- Warrant Extension – Chirurgeon
- Aleksandr has requested an extension through the end of the Chirurgeon Domesday report, with a successor determined prior to that report.
- List of applicants at Fall Crown Tournament
- Step down at Nordskogen Twelfth Night
- Conditionally approved, but will be reviewed at Fall Crown Tournament, along with list of applicants.
- Warrant Extension – Chronicler
- Originally scheduled to changeover in December 08, asking for an indefinite extension
- Due to the communications discussion mentioned above, the transition should go forward on the original timing.
- Introductions and Top Priorities
- His Majesty - Kitadate-Tenno
- Has a strong expectation that Great Officers work together as a team to understand and manage the impact of one office upon the others.
- May need to examine how decisions are made for Northshield.org, which may have an impact on chroniclers and webministers
- Move forward Northshield award names and badges heraldic submissions
- Her Majesty - Æsa
- Expect that Great Officers are key advisors – speak up if you know something that would add to the conversation!
- Not okay for officers to be isolated from one another
- Seneschal – Katriona
- Find a successor! Will be stepping down within this reign (March 09)
- Revise/clean up handbooks and other misc. items
- Earl Marshal – Tristan
- Streamline website and reporting system
- Possible restructure/revision of youth combat guidelines (work with Youth Minister and Seneschal)
- Use new communications channels to get information out to the field – podcasts, newsletters, etc. Reduce meetings at events
- May request an extension to May 09
- Polaris Herald – Meredith
- Get the awards heraldry passed!
- Finalize handbook
- Minister of Arts & Sciences - Tarrach
- Support upcoming A&S activities in a variety of formats
- A&S Throwdown
- A&S event
- Northshield University
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.