Fashionable in a hat Fashionable in a hat

Minutes from 10-08-01 - Love Feast

Stallari Council Meeting, September 8, 2001

Meeting held at Love Feast

Hosted by the Shire of Lub S

In Attendance: HSH Kenneth die Katze (Ken Blader), Prince of Northshield, HSH Leyla ibnat ash-Shamaal (Peg Blader), HE Gaius Niklos Luctator (J.W. Walls), Lady Heir of Northshield, THL Lewina of Sussex (Lauretta Wenger), Seneschal, Lady Moira McVey (Mary Kay Roberts) Exchequer, Lady Tatiana Marana Melville (Tonia Heng) Chirurgeon, THL Richard of Cumberland (Richard Darnell) Polaris Herald,

Minutes by Baroness Marisela the Vintner, (Barb Coenen)

  • Minutes
  • July 28, 2001 - The minutes are to be reviewed on the Greater Office list for approval.
  • Old Business
  • Trust Fund/Endowment (see Exchequer)
  • Coronet
  • The date changes must be approved by Kingdom and published in the Northwatch with the proposed wording change. (see handout) It must be read into law by both the Middle and Northshield Royalty and then added to the Northshield laws.
  • The Spring 2002 Coronet hasn't received any bids yet. This would be the west regions rotation. HE Niklos will approach Silfren Mere and Rivenwood Tower for the Fall 2002 rotation as it will be in their area.
  • Upcoming fall Coronet -discussion of needs and concerns.
  • Pavilion (under Exchequer)
  • KEG (see attached)
  • Lewina: The first handout is the Stallari approved description of the KEG, page 2 are the recommended changes due to conflict or inconsistency, page 3 is what was published in the Northwatch and what the KEG is currently doing.
  • Leyla: The big conflict is between the policy of the real world of Northshield everyday and what is happening for future planning. Think we should look at what is being done and change the policy to fit.
  • Leyla: The Stallari needs to deal with the day to day needs of Northshield the KEG is to look at possible future needs.
  • Leyla: We need to write the KEG policy in real terms.
  • At Althing all the committees of the KEG will have to report. Kenneth: Only one member of the entire KEG body has any authority, which is the chairperson.
  • Niklos: We're thinking of having a Stallari meeting at Coronet with KEG after that. No decision made.
  • Laws
  • Approval from the Curia meeting at Pennsic not received as they had other issues of greater priority. Northshield need approval from Curia and publication in the Northwatch of the revisions. Curia would like the laws rewritten without the strikeouts of the old. The would just like the new items inserted as an underlined item. Final approval has not been received.
  • Althing Schedule
  • Date is 11/3 at Shattered Oak
  • Lewina: In what capacity do we want the KEG chair to act at the Althing? Leyla: Set up a tentative agenda regarding the KEG and the other stuff including discussing all the things she (KEG) has been doing. We don't want this Althing as a brainstorming as it was too structured. We just want to provide a starting point. Leyla will act as the facilitator. The Althing chairperson is to take notes and make a report of the event. The task of this Althing is to stimulate discussion, take notes and listen.
  • New Business
  • Laws
  • Financial Policy updates
  • Moira: We've made some changes but they have not been put into Northshield policy yet. We need to revise and update policies (see attached)
  • Leyla: The finance committee of the Middle Kingdom is not made up of Curia members but banking type people. Moira: Society Exchequer Manual states that the financial committee is made up of the Exchequer, Coronet, and Crown. With the amount of money we have, the Stallari should have input rather than just a 3-way decision. (see handout)
  • Moira: Royals have 30 days from the end of the reign to get all their receipts in for payment.
  • Griffin's Gate - Moira: Haven't seen any receipt from the Pennsic Mayor yet. Need to change the wording so that funds received for Pennsic stay in the Pennsic Fund as seed money for the next year.
  • Leyla: Note on Pennsic, with the camp population issues being the way there are, we could see where Northshield Royal and the Northshield populace could be camping separately due to space considerations.
  • The funds for the Northwatch are back under the Northshield account. Leyla: This is alright as long as the Chronicler is not dealing with out of pocket expenses. Any shortfall should come from the general fund.
  • Officer funds changed to $50 per reign rather than $100 per year.
  • Endowment Fund - all monies are automatically re-invested as the fund is not big enough to cover yearly income from interest earned at this time.
  • Leyla: Asked Moira to make the suggested changes to the policy now and they will be read at this evenings court. Then they will be presented to Curia for approval as changes to Northshield law.

Information Officer

Leyla: Did Tarja check with Kingdom regarding our price to purchase Kingdom publications? Yes. Discussion on the duties of this position. Kenneth: In Kingdom this position is under the seneschal. Moira: In Kingdom this office distributes the officer manuals but in the Principality we have it under fundraising. Consensus was to make this a position under the Principality Exchequer due to the money management aspects.

Moira is to set up a job description for this position and post it in the Northwatch. This position is to be added to the laws as a deputy to the exchequer.

TSH Report

Curia -

  • Approved the proposed Coronet date changes.
  • They are making some changes to the marshallate.

Canadian issue - Canada has agreed to repeal their decision but no word on the return of the items.

Pennsic - the Princesses fund raising activity raised $1,065.06 for the general fund.

Fund raising activities

  • LLH Report
  • Coronet - Niklos: Appreciate the welcome they have been receiving.
  • Would like to get together with Lewina and Moira
  • Seneschal

Discussion regarding her extending her warrant. Stallari told her to apply to Kingdom for an extension through the 2002 Domesday.

  • Reports
  • Two received by mail, 5 by e-mail but still missing reports. Two postings were made on the list regarding reporting dates as well as a letter in the Northwatch.
  • Regional Deputies - one application has been received for the position of the Western Regional Seneschal.
  • Applications for Chatelaine
  • The deadline is Sept.15th. No recommendation has been received from the current chatelaine who wants to step down at Boars Head. Three applications have been received. (See handout) The decision will be made at the next Stallari meeting.
  • Minister of Children's Report - see handout

She is working with Lady Bettina of Caer Anterth Mawr on a webpage design. The webpage is now up.

  • Exchequer (see handout)
  • Shire of Coldedernhale - Julio will the their exchequer once his duties as Principality Earl Marshall are completed.
  • Pavilion/trailer/storage
  • Trailer - All agreed it should be disposed of as it is no longer safe to drive.
  • Pavilion - Will be at Armorgeddon at the request of the Coronet. There is a volunteer in the West willing to store it over the winter as it will be used in that area for an early spring event.

The current Principality Exchequer, Moira, has been chosen by Kingdom as Curia's successor deputy.

  • Raffle at Boar's Head - Tatiana: Checking into the gaming requirements and looking for services and items to raffle. Discussion on the distribution of the funds from this raffle. Niklos: Suggested to put it to the general fund and hold it toward Kingdom needs. Leyla: 33% to general, 33% to the endowment and 33% to be divided between the two Royalty travel funds. Marisela: Suggest looking at Stallari officer funds for future raffles.
  • Canadian Issue - Moira is hoping to get the banners back.
  • Endowment/Trust Fund Law - The written policy will be presented as changes to law.
  • Chronicler - Report, web site, application (see attached)
  • MoAS - No report.
  • Marshal (see handout)
  • Archery
  • Vote of confidence given for the new Principality Archery Marshal applicant. The sole applicant is Baron Sir Wulfgang.
  • Armored Combat
  • Discussion of whether a belted person would be more advantageous in light of the move towards becoming a Kingdom. Discussion of the two applicants. Julio will inform Kingdom of the decision.
  • Herald (see handout)
  • Application - Curia has approved Lord Alasdair Calum Montgomery (Jack Welsh)He will officially take over as of Dec. 1st but will step up ceremoniously at Boars Head.
  • Chirurgeon

Currently there are 14 warranted chirurgeons with 3 missing updated certifications. Recommendation is being made that Margalit of Nordskogen become a Master Chirurgeon.

Less reported heat related injuries this year

Next Meeting - Upon the decision of the Coronet.


Posted by: Elaine de Beauchamp Council Secretary on 10/8/2001

This site is © 2014 Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.