Fall Crown Tourney Requirements for Combatants and Consorts
Greetings unto the people of Northshield,
We have finalized details for our Crown Tourney. It will be held in the
Barony of Nordskogen on October 8, 2011. All other details follow.
Hope to see you there,
Vladimir and Petranella
Prince and Princess of Northshield
Crown Tournament of Vladimir and Petranella
*Requirements for Combatants and Consorts*
Per Northshield law and Corpora, all combatants and consorts must:
- hold a valid membership on the day of the Royal Lists. Within ten business
days after being declared victor in a Crown or Coronet Tourney, the Victor
and Consort must present to the Kingdom Seneschal proof that their
memberships are current through at least the end of the prospective reign.
- Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a prospective
consort of the opposite gender.
- No one may take part in a Royal Lists, either as a competitor or as a
prospective consort, who has any reason to believe that either member of
that competing couple will be unable to fulfill the duties of royalty.
- Each competitor and prospective consort must have access to the
appropriate corporate newsletter at their place of residence.
- Each competitor and prospective consort must have read Corpora of the
Society for Creative Anachronism and the laws of the Kingdom of Northshield
- Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately
before the Crown Tournament and be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of
participation in diverse activities in Northshield during that period.
- All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the
- No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown
- No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law and tradition, Their
Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
- All combatants and consorts must have an AoA or higher award
- All combatants and consorts must have held an office.
*Letters of Intent to Compete*
Letters of Intent should be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom
Seneschal, and include:
Full contact information
Current membership #'s and expiration dates
Office held, Group, and dates held.
Additionally Their Highnesses must receive a clear electronic image of arms
you will be fighting under, prior to Coronation.
Letters of Intent may be sent via email or postal mail. Addresses for Their
Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are inside the front cover of the
On the day of the tournament, please be prepared to show your membership
card and Northwatch printed with your mailing address to the Kingdom
Precedence for tourney determined by fighting awards only (peerages by your
own hand count as fighting awards.)
Best 2 of 3 (Lower chooses, higher chooses. lower chooses)
Allowed styles (no weapons over 6’):
Single hand weapon and buckler (no bigger than 18” round)
Two weapon (single hand weapons only)
Bastard sword (5’ and under)
Great sword (over 5’)
Great axe (5’ and under)
Eilis mac Maurice
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.