Coronation Stallari Meeting Minutes, 9/8/12
Attendees: TRM, Marwen(Seneschal), Maol Mhichil (Polaris), Fiona (Kingdom Chirurgeon), Fina (Laws Clerk), Tom (KEM), Deja (Chronicler), Teffan (Webminister, by invitation), Rodrigo (Exchequer), Orlaith (MoAS), Aesa (Secretary)
2 candidates for KEM position to date
Teffan and Kit have done a GREAT JOB with themarshal website
Trying to encourage non-heavy marshals to put infor KEM; being a heavy marshal is not required
Working to change the structure such that theKEM is overseeing all marshals, not just running the armored combat
· Software is badly out of date and not compatible with the SCA’s publisher
· Two options: 1. Update just InDesign (part of Adobe Suite, $700), or 2. all of Adobe Suite ($1200-1400)
· Recommendation: Go for full software upgrade
· Voted to purchase full upgrade
· May have sufficient funds in the Northwatch fund– will use that to pay for as much of the upgrade as possible
· Settlement is not 100% settled and so the plan is to hold onto the settlement funds for the time being. At that time, the Exchequer will ask groups if they want their money back, or if they wish to donate it to the Kingdom.
- Ivetta is interim Signet; one person has applied
· Clerk of Precedence: many good applicants.Applications have been reviewed and the next CoP will be announced at Crown.
- Concern about HsRM not being able to attend Crown because of National Guard duty. Marwen discussed with Society Seneschal and there is a waiver process to validate Crown and allow HsRM to obtain his County that SocSen expects will be approved.
- Society appreciates the advance notice of this potential issue.
Email list consolidation
· People are not being added to or removed from unofficial email lists (i.e. Stallari, Peerages, Tyr, Bridget’s Flame, White Scarf) when necessary
- Pulling lists under Kingdom benefits:
o Someone is responsible for keeping lists and memberships current
o Keeps orders responsible for themselves
o Stallari. Move to Northshield’s hosts – Teffan to find a host for the Stallari list
o Peerages – not now
o Grant orders and others – no