Crown Tournament Requirements and Format for Spring Crown
Per Northshield law and Corpora:
Letters of Intent should be sent to Their Highnesses, The Kingdom Seneschal and Kingdom Earl Marshal, and include: full contact information, membership numbers and membership expiration date.
- All combatants and consorts must hold a valid membership on the day of the Royal Lists. Within ten business days after being declared victor in a Crown or Coronet Tourney, the Victor and Consort must present to the Kingdom Seneschal proof that their memberships are current through at least the end of the prospective reign.
- No one may take part in a Royal Lists, either as a competitor or as a prospective consort, who has any reason to believe that either member of that competing couple will be unable to fulfill the duties of royalty.
- Each competitor and prospective consort must have access to the appropriate corporate newsletter at their place of residence. The Kingdom Seneschal will work with all participants to verify this.
- Each competitor and prospective consort must have read Corpora of the Society for Creative Anachronism and the laws of the Kingdom of Northshield
- Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown Tournament and be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of participation in diverse activities in Northshield during that period.
- All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
- No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- Their Highnesses wish that each pair of consort/Combatant have an item for an A&S display that is in progress or that was completed within the last year.
- Consorts will be expected to boast their combatant into the crown list. A herald may be used for this purpose but the Consort is asked to write the boast.
All letters of intent must be received by the day of their Highnesses Coronation
Letters of Intent may be electronically or physically. Addresses for Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are inside the front cover of this newsletter.
The kingdom Seneschal will send an email confirming receipt of the letter.
A copy of the combatant’s arms in color are asked to be sent along with the letter.
On the day of the tournament, please be prepared to show your membership card to the Kingdom Seneschal.
The tournament will be a best 2 of 3 double elimination tree. Combatants must have adequate hand protection meaning a full gauntlet on each hand. A fighter’s weapons and defenses will be issued to them on the day of the tournament.
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.